Pages

Monday, May 24, 2010

How can it take over a year?

I finally finished this little 28" square Apple Core quilt! It took me over a year to get it done! Why? Well, mainly because I have too many handwork projects on the go. Partly because I couldn't decide on a quilting pattern. Then about two weeks ago I decided I was just going to get this quilt done...and I did! Now it is going to cover the table that sits beside my rocking chair where I applique, quilt and knit.

The most wonderful thing is that the pattern piece fits perfectly on a charm square. If you are anything like me you can't resist those cute little charm packages and then you get them home and don't know what to do with them! Make an apple core quilt!

Here is a close up of the quilting. It was tough getting back into the quilting groove especially since the last hand quilted quilt was big stitched! Now I have to find another quilt to get in the hoop...

This got me thinking...

...of gathering up all my handwork things and counting them but I became scared so I stopped thinking about that silly idea.

Happy Stitching!

5 comments:

  1. That is a great little quilt! I've loved that pattern for years. The qulting you chose to do on it really is wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a lovely little quilt and would look great over a little table. It looks hard with all those curves though and I love the quilting pattern you have used, it suits it very well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this quilt Ann. You give me so many ideas I wish there were more hours in a day! I think I'm going to make this one as a table topper for my Mom's table. I too am a huge fan of those charm packs, just can't resist them, they are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your Apple Core quilt. Such nice rich fabrics you've used..and the hand quilting is so nice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a CUTE little quilt~and i agree your hand quilting looks fabulous~!!~ one of my first thoughts was "i'd love to make one of these" and then had to laugh when i read about you having thoughts of gathering up all your handwork projects and counting them as recently i've been trying to work up the courage to make a handwritten list of all my unfinished projects. have thus far totally chickened out . . . i know that i should but i also know that there's a whole lot of them and not sure i'm yet ready to face the embarassment of seeing it all down on paper in black and white. how could i possible even think about beginning yet another one~!?!~ and yet i will . . .

    thank you very much for popping by and leaving a comment on my blog. the strawberry fields quilt was fun and i'm considering quilting options now . . .

    i'm off to check out some more of your wonderful blog . . .


    :-)
    libbyQ

    ReplyDelete