Pages

Monday, August 18, 2014

Wrestling the Kitchener Stitch

I have always avoided the Kitchener Stitch when finishing off my knitted socks. I just don't like doing it. So I have tried EVERY finishing technique there is. They all have something wrong with them...too sloppy... too bulky... too complicated.
 
 
Well no more! I just finished knitting a pair of socks so it was time to suck it up and learn how to do it! This morning I tackled the dreaded Kitchener stitch! So I hunted on Google and it did not take me long to find 'Silver's Sock Class' and step by step instructions with great pictures!
 
 
So after my first Kitchener Stitch socks have I changed my mind? Almost! I will continue to do it and I am sure in another pair or two I will be not wanting to do any other technique to finish my socks. If you have been avoiding it like me go check out Silver's Sock Class! If it can convert me it can convert anyone!
 
 
It is so much more tidy and flat. I really like the end result. The question is then...why did it take me so long to just do it?
 
 
Happy Stitching

1 comment:

  1. I have always struggled to do the Kitchener stitch. This year I finally figured out why. I am left handed but knit right handed. Instructions to do Kitchener stitch are generally right handed and never made sense to me. This year I gave up on the instructions and did it from the left in the manner that my brain said it had to go. I was done in just a few minutes and it looked pretty good. All those years of agony and procrastination and it was a matter of left versus right.

    ReplyDelete