Pages

Sunday, August 24, 2014

A few days of quilting time!

It is wonderful what you can accomplish in just a couple of days of 'me' time!
 
My churn dash kit that I had barely started got a lot more done on it! Here are all the blocks done.
 
 
Many of the blocks are low contrast... 
 
 
A few are higher contrast...
 
 
It makes an interesting mix and certainly gives it an 'old fashioned' feel that I love.
 
Here it is all put together. I can't wait to quilt it (but first I have a few other quilts in the queue).
 
 
It was a generous quilt kit. These are the fabrics I have left.
It is definitely enough to make a small wall hanging.
 
 
Sometimes I wonder how many other people do things like I do. I thought I would share one of these things. When I am sewing on my borders I always pin them down loosely along the other edge to keep them from flopping about while sewing. I used to not pin that edge and they would flop around and get all askew on me...and just generally be a nuisance. Plus I often will pin the opposite borders on at the same time so the one you are not sewing would always flip over and I would have to straighten it. Now that I pin the loose side I always have well behaved borders!
 
 
 
And now that I have so many quilts in my machine quilting queue, I thought I had better get at them. It has been a while and I am out of practice so it is going to take me a bit of time to get my stitches nice and even again.
 
 
 
Happy Stitching!
 

1 comment:

  1. Such interesting fabrics in your churn dash blocks. Nice.

    ReplyDelete