Pages

Monday, August 4, 2014

I'm Back!!!!

I'm back, I'm married, I've moved and now I have to adjust to a new sewing space!

But first....my wagon wheel quilt is finished! I put the last binding stitches and got out about half the basting stitches on the night before my move. It will be on our bed in the fall when it gets a little cooler out. I LOVE it! It makes me so happy I almost wish fall was here (almost!).

 
Here are a couple of photos of the quilting...
 
 
 
 
 
And now for the challenge of adjusting to a much smaller space and one that I can't just sprawl in...I have to clean up. I'll take pictures once I have completely unpacked and gotten a little more organized. Here is a preview though...
 
 
I started working on a kit that I bought a few months ago. No cutting needed. The tumblers were all die cut. A friend just finished the same quilt and had leftover pieces so I am able to make it a bit larger. It will be a generous lap quilt when I am done!
 
So...meet my design wall...aka our bed!
 


 
It is actually working out not too badly so far. I also have a small Cheryl Ann's Design Wall that I can use...when I find it. I know I unpacked it.... 
 
And I have finished another pair of socks....these are for my Dad for his birthday.
 
 
I'll be knitting quite a bit the next few months. I have 5 pairs of socks to make for Christmas. A few easy and a couple not so easy.
 
And yes, it is time to start thinking about Christmas! I have started my list and I am checking it twice...I am hoping my new family is not naughty but nice!
 
Happy Stitching!
 
 


 




No comments:

Post a Comment