Pages

Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Dear Blog

Dear Blog, I am very sorry for the neglect of the last 6+ months. 

It all started with a sewing machine that was giving me a lot of trouble. It went into the repair shop because it had a burning smell. They could not find anything so they did a cleaning. It came back with horrible tension. I have been sewing a long time and I know my way around my tension. I tried all my regular needle types and all my regular thread. It went back to the repair shop and they said the tension was fine. It wasn't. It was a bit better but still not even good.  After a lot of frustration I found a thread wrapped around the arm that feeds the thread up and down and was able to get tweezers in there and unwind it. After that it was better but my tension never got great and the motor was whining every time I used it.

It was well used...more than a lot of sewing machines. 
Finally one day I had enough...and brought home a new baby. 


I love it! No tension issues and sews like a dream! 
Hopefully it will give me many years of happy sewing!

At the same time as this, I have been just taking a bit of a break from the internet in general. But I have been missing this blog. I enjoy sharing and it is a wonderful record of all I've done. I have also been missing the blogs I always have followed so I am back to reading those as well.  

That whole adventure got me out of my sewing room a bit and got the UFO's piling up.


There are 11 UFO's on this pile and that does not include the Dear Jane quilt I started and I am sure I will find a couple more hiding.
Now that I have piled them up I am going to start working on each one until it's finished. A few are longer term projects so I will focus on the short term ones first.


I did finish this little knitted toy for a Christmas gift! ( Yes I am already making Christmas gifts)


This is McHenry- a pattern from Susan B. Anderson It is about 6" high and so cute! He even has a spot on his back and a little tail.

And this sweet little bunny was a pattern from Julie Williams. 
It was a birthday gift for a very little girl. 
The first thing she did was put it in her mouth so I think it was a hit.  


I finished a baby quilt- this was a kit from Moda. The flannels are so soft. 


There was enough left over from the kit to make this quilt below that I sent to the baby's grandmother to have while her first grandchild visited her! 

I have made several of these heart quilts from a free pattern on line. I have not been able to find the link again but if I do, I will share. 



And finally, I had some extra time so I basted the last 3 sections of my pineapple quilt. Here are two of sections. I was wanting it done before the snow came but I am too late. We have already had snow twice here in Saskatchewan. 

This was the project that broke my old sewing machine!




So Dear blog, I hope that explains a little bit of what I have been doing!

Happy Stitching everyone! 



6 comments:

  1. You have been missed. Congratulations on your new machine. I just finished my Dear Jane maybe five months ago. Off/on for twenty years on that but happy now. Just did the blocks. I was tired by then and thought I should NOT push my luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It feels good to post again! Congratulations on getting the Dear Jane done. I have started a couple times so this time I want to get it done. I suspect it will take several years!

      Delete
  2. Monique D (B - Maransart)October 10, 2019 at 5:21 AM

    Je n'utilise pas beaucoup la machine à coudre pour faire mes quilts et heureusement la mienne (qui a déjà 38 ans) fonctionne toujours bien. Lorsque c'est possible, j'aime faire mes patchworks à la main.
    J'aime beaucoup tes ouvrages, tant les courtepointes avec cœurs, tes jouets ainsi que la partie "ananas" de ta couverture.
    Amicalement

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci Monique, I am always doing something by hand but it is usually applique or knitting or English paper piecing. You are lucky that your machine is still working well!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the quilts Ann, they are amazing!

    ReplyDelete