Pages

Sunday, October 27, 2019

Another UFO in progress!

I don't know why I didn't get this quilt done a long time ago.

I did add one more row of black hexagons to make the edge a bit wider. 
I didn't want the one row of black to get lost in the binding. 


My little 3/8" hexagon quilt still needed to have the basting stitches taken out and then the papers. I spent my snowy afternoon today sitting at my cutting table, watching Harry Potter getting it started. 

First I gave the whole quilt a good pressing from the front and the back too. The back is important because once I start taking the papers out I want all the folds to lay back down. I makes for easier quilting later on.

My most important tool for this- my lint brush! 


And I could not live without my seam ripper and a curved end awl!


I got quite a pile of basting threads! 


The curved awl makes it really easy to reach in and pull out the papers!


I am almost done!


This week I have a bit of time at home so I will finish getting the papers all out.

The next step after that is to give it one more pressing, first from the back and then the front. Then I'll get it basted and ready for quilting! 

This is going to fit perfectly on my coffee table and I can't wait to start enjoying it. 

Happy Stitching!





No comments:

Post a Comment