Pages

Thursday, June 7, 2018

UFO#1- Close to Done!

When I first finished the quilting I laid it out and kept wondering if it needed more. After thinking about it for a couple days, I decided more quilting would be too much...so on to the binding. 


Now I just have to hand sew it down. I'll be visiting my Dad next week so I'm going to save the handwork for then. I'm really pleased with how it is looking and can't wait to share!

My next UFO is that snowball quilt and I decided to do a big spiral starting at the center. I did that on my ugly squares quilt in the fall ( that has turned into my favorite napping quilt) and I really enjoyed the quilting process so I am going to do it once more before someday tackling a multi spiral design.

And UFO #3 is getting worked on too!  

This past Christmas I kept seeing people making these cute wooly trees! It looked like fun and I had some leftover felt ( green and white) so decided to make not just one but 3! I got one made in time for Christmas.


Here are the branches for tree #2. All I have left to do is attach branches to the trunk and paint the bases and I'll be done another UFO! (I decided 2 was enough)


Today I have a day in my sewing room so I'm going to get started on the snowball quilt! 

Happy Sewing!


4 comments:

  1. Wow you've been busy!! Love your trees!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! After a bit of a slow down time I am really feeling refreshed,creative and motivated!

      Delete
  2. I purchased a kit before Christmas to make one of those wooly trees but life got in the way and I did not make it. Now I am wondering where I put the kit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The trees are pretty easy to do. After watching the video I was able to do one in a couple of evenings watching tv. I hope you find it! They are lots of fun!

      Delete