Pages

Saturday, June 9, 2018

I've been busy!

I have had a couple of glorious days playing in my sewing room without much interruption! It is amazing what you can get done when you are in the groove!

I started and finished quilting my snowball quilt with a big spiral starting in the center. This quilt is going to be on my round table in the winter so I think the spiral will be perfect!


Here it is hanging over my ironing board!


I got the binding on too! When I get my binding sew on I always check to all the way around to make sure there are no puckers! This one is good so it is going to go to my dads with me next week to finish off the hand sewing. I almost wish it was winter again so I could enjoy it on the table for a while.


In between sewing I finished a couple of trees!  Here are the bases for them. They were just cedar fence post tops painted and sealed. I glued some felt to the bottoms so the furniture won't get scratched and then drilled a hole in the center for the trunk to fit into. 


And here they are! I love them! And again...I have to wait to enjoy them! 
They will only be out at Christmas!


I used several websites to get the general idea of how to make these. If you want to try to make your own here are the websites I used...


You can get kits to make them as well!


So now UFO#2 and UFO#3 are done! 

Next I started looking around...I found 3 quilts that need to be basted and quilted so I measured them for backings. All of them are under 70" square so not too bad to baste. Two will be machine quilted and one will be big stitched!


I settled on my next two UFO's. 

Here is a tote bag all cut up and ready to sew.


And here are the strips for a tuffet pre-cut and interfaced already.


But before I start I have to clean up a bit! 

Happy Stitching! 


4 comments:

  1. The spiral quilting designs works so well with your snowball style quilt. Such soothing colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea using the fence post tops for your trees. I checked out the kits, I think I'll order one.
    Loving the snowballs. I never started mine.:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The trees are so sweet when they are finished! And hey are fun to make! I think we all have a thousand quilts in our minds we want to make...someday!

      Delete