Pages

Tuesday, July 3, 2018

UFO #5 and other sewing room adventures!

UFO #5 is well under way! Here is the tuffet shell all made!


Now it is time for construction, but since my Mr. is working nights at the moment and my next step is staple gunning, it will have to wait until I have the time and he is up!

Getting all my supplies together though was an adventure. I had the string and the staple gun..somewhere..I looked everywhere. I opened EVERY container in my sewing room, some of them twice and could I find my string...no... but I found lots of other things!
Then I remembered I had a rolling drawer in the bedroom closet where I keep my batting and a few other supplies and there were the things I was needing..string, staple gun and a 12" needle!

I also got two backings made for my next quilts. 
My RA has been giving me a bit of a kicking lately so I will get those basted on a day my hands are feeling better.


And I finished the next row of my little hexagons. I laid it out on my coffee table and loved it there. I want to finish it with a dark row so a dark binding will blend in, so I think I'll do one row of  lights and then one row of a dark and then the top is done. Me and handwork are not getting along well right now so it is slow going!


One of my next UFO's...a giant dresden plate. The dresden is about 32" across. This quilt is being made for my round dining table.I enjoy having a quilt on the table and I wanted one that would look good in the spring and summer. This will be UFO #6!


And I know that I said I was going to be working on UFO's and technically this probably isn't one but...The Civil War Bride Quilt pattern was given to me by my bother many years ago and I have always wanted to make it. In fact I pull this pattern out all the time and look at it. 
My brother would have been 50 this year and I feel now is the time to finally start it. 


I know that I could never manage appliqueing this by hand anymore but I also want a turned edge, so when I saw the Apliquick tools and method I thought this would be great! I could still machine applique but it wouldn't look like raw edge.

So I started picking out fabric. It didn't take long before I had a full bin! 


And finally...when I was looking for my tuffet supplies and tools, I found these. How many times do I buy something and say I have to try that and I never do? So here are three things to try and use.

Texture Magic...I have had this for YEARS
Key Fob hardware...only a couple of years
Walnut shells for pincushions..I guess I thought I needed a new pincushion


After my tuffet and dresden pate are complete I am going to play with a couple of smaller projects and use these up! 

So I've got lots of happy times ahead in my sewing room!

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment