Pages

Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Motivation!

I LOVE it when motivation strikes! I have thought of updating my blog often the last couple weeks but I have been so busy and happy accomplishing things I haven't gotten around to it. So here are a few things I've been doing...
 
 
It all started with spray basting quilts for the first time! I got five quilts basted. (The one above I am going to quilt next - I am hoping to get it hung in my sewing room for the winter) I still have two from my pile left to baste but I have to piece a backing first. These 5 will keep me busy for a while though. I'll give some thoughts on spray basting in an upcoming post and after these 5 are quilted, bound and washed.
 
 
Above are two of the smallest ones, machine quilted and ready to sew the binding...
and here they are all done and washed.
The pinwheels are already living on the bottom shelf of my coffee table.
 
 
The Bear Paw (love, love , love it!) is hanging in my sewing room.
 
 
I also added some decorative stitching to some of the raw edge machine appliqued blocks.
 
 
And here they are trimmed and ready to sew with the sashing. Finished the blocks are just 5" square and now that I see them altogether I am liking them more.
They still seem flat to me but quilting will help.
 
 
I also sewed a lot of bias stems for the borders of my hand applique quilt. It seems as if it has been a long time since I touched it so I am looking forward to getting back at it.
 
 
 
This little knitted creature will be a cat as soon as it dries. I just finished felting it and stuffing it so now it s drying before adding the finishing touches.
 
 
Finally my thoughts have turned to Christmas. Yes I have been making a few gifts though not as many as I usually do. This cross stitch has been done for a few years. The first year I hung it and part way through the season I realized that the urn on the right had no handles and it was supposed to! Arrrrr!
 
 
So my thought at that time was that is ok...part of its charm...I haven't hung it since because it BOTHERS me to no end. In a mad cleaning session last week I found it tucked away and I knew it had to be taken apart and fixed.
 
 
Wish me luck...it was professionally framed so hopefully I get it all back together looking as good as it does now. 
 
Happy Stitching!
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Love the snowman quilt and the applique quilt blocks. The neutrals used for the applique makes for a soothing look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pinwheel quilt and the bear paw quilt too! I've never tried spray basting... looking forward to reading your thoughts on it. You're a very brave person to take apart a professionally framed piece... though I know exactly how you feel about those urn handles... I've missed a few stitches as well! Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete