Thursday, June 30, 2016

Little things...

I finally finished digging out the 1/4" hexagon papers.
Near the end I was getting pretty quick at it.
All that is left is the papers around the very edge of the little quilt. I needed them in until the next stage is done to give it a bit more stability.
After all the papers came out I gave the little quilt a light misting of spray starch. 
Here is a look at the back!
There were a lot of stray basting threads on the back.
Masking tape rolled around my hand worked for that!
I'll be framing this mini. I rescued an old frame from my aunt that I'll re-glue and reinforce the corners and then paint. I plan on stitching the quilt down to a med/dark blue background will give it the matted look.
It is going to take me a while to sew around the edge of those tiny hexagons!
And not to be forgotten...I am working away at putting rows together. One section is from the top and one is from the bottom...eventually they will meet in the middle!
Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment