I've been slowly making progress on some old UFO's I've had hanging around.
These kitchen hanging towels have been in the works for years. I have no idea why it took me so long to get at them because they took less than a day in my sewing room to finish them off. Not long ago I dug them out from the bottom of a box and finished cutting the tops and gathered the bottoms. I had enough kitchen towels for 14 of them!
Thanks to the pattern from Kleio's Belly it was fast and easy to get them finished.
I did a few things differently. I gathered my top edge and it worked great for the thin towels but I had a couple thicker towels. They would have worked better if they had been pleated - not so bulky and wanting to slip under the sewing machine foot.
Also I stitched 1/4" away from all the edges of the top.
Then I used my favorite Velcro instead of a button and buttonhole - Fabric Fusion -a fusible Velcro that works great!
Then I finally finished the mittens I started last winter!
This is Cruiser - a pattern from The Daily Skein (and also Ravelry)
I wasn't reading the pattern very well - not the patterns fault I like to read ahead and sometimes make assumptions so I tore them out several times before vowing to read the pattern as it was written!
This was a beautifully soft wool - Reverie from Knit Picks! Now I can't wait until winter.
And then a bit more work on a recent UFO - my mini hexagon stars!
Here they are taped front and back to the "borders" and getting ready to stitch them down. I am just using invisible thread with a very small zigzag stitch to sew them together. On the back they are overlapped about 1/2" so there is room for a bit of mishap if needed.
It is turning out great. I can't wait for the reveal!