I haven't been in my sewing room lately...at least not to sew! I have been working on a sewing room improvement though. My sewing room floor is an old plank floor that had been painted with that horrible grey floor paint. I finally had enough. It was not a color that encouraged creativity! I spent some time filling the cracks and then chose an off white floor paint.
I also painted the grey stair railings. In all, there are three sections of floor that need painting. I am working on the last section right now. By the weekend I should be able to see my sewing machine again! I love it! It is so much brighter now!
During the evenings I did manage to finish a little needle turn applique. The last 15 blocks of the orange peel quilt are finished. Now I just have to wait until the sewing machine surfaces so I can put it together!