Pages

Sunday, July 8, 2012

AAQI and other things...

It has been a busy and productive week. As I watch the Tour de France on my days off, I have been busy in my sewing room getting some UFO's finished and even started.  I suppose you could call me an unofficial member of the Tour de Fibre.

My first finish of the week...finally my Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative quilt is done and registered!

Meet 'Blueberry Pie'. It measures 8.75" x 11.50". I am quite pleased with it and hope it brings a bit of money to the AAQI!


I'll be putting it in the mail in the morning. I even had enough little hourglass blocks to make another small one for me.


Another project that has been sitting beside my sewing machine is these cute coin purses. I bought the pattern and frames while I was in New Hampshire last fall.


The sewing went quickly but attaching those frames is going to take a bit of time. My fingers are not dainty! It's a good night time sitting in front of the TV project. One thing I know for sure...I will not be making them again, even though they are really cute!


Another small project in my pile is this notebook cover.


I cut out 6 notebook covers with scraps- notice the scraps from 'Blueberry Pie'?


This is going to be a fun project!

And finally, although no picture yet, I have some blocks to make for a charity quilt that some of the quilters in my community are making. I'll have pictures of my blocks next time.

Happy Stitching!







2 comments:

  1. Oh Ann those little coin purses are so cute. And I love the journals. You sure make some gorgeous things! Love the mini quilts too, the colours are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the photos of your AAQI quilt, Ann! Without wonderful quilt donors like yourself, AAQI would not exist. My work for AAQI is near and dear to my heart since I lost my Dad in December 2010 to this horrid disease - actually losing him 6 or 7 years earlier because of the effects. My motives are selfish; I can't imagine (or stomach) watching anyone else that I love disappearing like that and I will fight as long as I am able to help find a cure. I'm sure your quilt will do well - it's beautifully made!

    ReplyDelete