Pages

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

For my Neighbour!

My neighbour reminded me today that it has been a long time since I blogged. She wondered what I have been working on and although she is welcome to come see anytime I will save her the long trip across the driveway! She was right-it has been quite a while since I blogged...I have been working quite hard on my hexagon quilt..in fact almost every night is spent in front of it, trying to get as much quilted as possible.


See that door behind my quilt frame?



That is our seasonal front porch and where we love to have morning coffee, read a good book and watch the town drive by. We open it up in April and close it up in October. This weekend we will get it opened up again for the summer, but my quilt is in the way so I'll be taking it off the frame this weekend and finishing it in the hoop.

Up in my sewing room I have been working on these pink and brown blocks.


I started off with a collection of pink and brown fat quarters. Two fat quarters will make 8 blocks total- 4 of each combination.

Here is what I have done so far by just finding a little sewing time here and there...and don't forget to multiple each block by 4- that's 48 blocks done!


I also have the rest of the combinations started and ready to finish.


When I am done it will be another 40 blocks!

And good news...another week and I'll be at a quilt shop...that means fabric for my flying geese!

Happy Stitching!







No comments:

Post a Comment