Pages

Sunday, January 15, 2012

One Thing Leads to Another

Someone please stop me because I am supposed to be trying to finish some UFOs- not start some new ones!

It all started with finishing these bags. The charm squares were cut before Christmas and I knew I probably wouldn't get these bags made right away but I had them ready to go anyways. This past week I got to work on them...part of my endeavour to finish some UFOs.

This one is the only one with the zipper in it so far...5 to go but they go in quite quickly. Then they will be completely finished.


Here they all are...


The pattern was the Button Bag from This &That  patterns. They have been quite fun to make and are a great size! I also got to use an old tool I have never actually used before. The Quilter's 1/4" Ruler made marking the seams to make the hourglass blocks easy and accurate. Along with my sandpaper board these went together wonderfully. Too wonderfully.


That led to trying blocks of different sizes. I like making little quilts so how small could I go?

In the bag pattern I started with 4-3/4" squares so I tried 4", 3" and 2-1/2" squares. I ended up with 3-1/4", 2-1/4" and 1-3/4" unfinished blocks.

And here is a picture of the ruler and the finished samples!


So now I am just itching to make a little quilt with that small size. I am not sure I would go smaller but I may try one block starting off with 2-1/4" squares just to see.

I did not mean for this little bag pattern to lead to something else but it seems as if it has!

Happy Stitching!










1 comment:

  1. Those bags are adorable. Nice job! I may need to try this pattern out, I love bags!

    ReplyDelete