Pages

Friday, December 30, 2011

To Give and Receive

I'd like to share a few things I got and something I made.
First the Christmas gifts I got...at least the quilty ones!

First, a new quilt rack and I know the perfect place but not the perfect quilt.
I may have to make a new quilt just for it!
And some new knitting needles...handmade ones!


A new book (it's beautiful and full of inspiration) and a couple of new patterns...

Notice the Civil War Bride Quilt pattern...oh my!


Now I plan to find the perfect background. I've been eyeing this pattern for such a long time!

And finally, a new tool to play with that will help inspire new designs. Show and tell to come....


And now I'd like to show something I gave to my good friend Gloria. It was a tough secret to keep while I was making it. It is a quilt with a lot of meaning and it was very hard for me to piece because of that. I was originally thinking of telling the story here but I can't bring myself to find the right words. I have been trying for days so I will just say that the quilt is filled with love.


The quilt measures about 54"x68". Here is a closer picture.
It is all floral scraps of different widths and foundation pieced.
I drafted the block to the size that fit the scraps in my EQ7. It worked perfectly.


Happy New Year and Happy Stitching in 2012!






1 comment:

  1. Ann; this is a gorgeous quilt and I'm sure your friend loved it. It's beautiful, nice job!

    ReplyDelete