Pages

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Time for a Nap!

I'm done my big stitched napping quilt. It is washed and dried and cozy and ready for a long winter's nap. I can hardly wait and I am so glad I decided to keep it for myself!



 I am very happy with it but I don't think I will ever be silly enough to quilt (even big stitching) through flannel again. And it was thick flannel!

Slowly I have been stitching my redwork Santa and it is looking like I will have a stocking in time for Christmas! My Dad asked me yesterday if it was going to be big...I think that's a good sign!


We decorated the house yesterday, so we are finally looking festive. Christmas is a time for memories so I thought I would share some craft memories from many years past. This nativity is about 25 years old. I made it for my parents when I was in my very early 20's. It still goes out every year! My family enjoys pointing out that baby Jesus has no nose! Who would want to smell a manger anyways?


And not quite so old are these paper mache Santa's, though they are getting close to 20 years old!


Back to my secret sewing...

Merry Stitching!







No comments:

Post a Comment