Yes, the Christmas spirit has arrived! I got to work putting together a little log cabin Christmas quilt.
I had great plans to quilt it. And the test sample was perfect. I didn't take into account all those seams this delicate thread would have to travel through though.
All the thread did was keep breaking, so I had to switch to plain red thread for the quilting...still nice but not shiny and gold.
One thing I'd like to share though is that before putting on binding I always baste the edge of my quilt about 1/8" in. It really helps to prevent tucks and puckers.
The finished quilt....about 24" square. It is going to look great on someones table!
I have also been working on my hexagons. I have a map now. Most of the pieces are assembled into strips of 3 blocks. This is my pile...
And this is my first section so far....
It is going to be so very beautiful on my bed!