Pages

Saturday, August 6, 2011

I'm in Love!

It has been a long time since I felt the stirrings of love....no it's not a person who has captured my heart but a quilt...a beautiful, beautiful quilt that I can't seem to stop touching. My Wagon Wheel quilt top is finished!


I spent my days off this week working away at it and as usual it always takes longer when you are excited to see it finished! And now I have a long wait until the hand quilting starts. It will be October before I get to basting it and in the meantime I will be looking for a quilting design worthy of such love. I am thinking feathers....

And love has struck twice this week ( busy week!). I finished my socks I've been knitting and when I tried them on they felt amazing.


 I can't wait until winter sets in so I can start wearing them. It is a little warm right now for wool socks! This pattern is Embossed Leaves by Mona Schmidt from the book 'Favorite Socks'.


I think I'll put away my knitting for a bit ( it's my in front of the TV thing to do) and pick up my hexagon quilt that I am hand stitching. More on that later...

Happy Stitching!




1 comment:

  1. What lovely items you have create. I remember when it would do just that, finished projects. Right now with vertigo,no quilts ar being made but many are being tagged from books. Do love your work!!!

    ReplyDelete