Pages

Wednesday, December 19, 2018

2019- A Year of Jane

For almost 20 years I've been thinking about making the Dear Jane quilt. In all that time I could never make a final decision about what fabrics to use- I have thought about blue and white, red and white, reproduction, scrappy, all neutrals... and I have just never been able to make up my mind...until now. 

Here are the two fabrics that are my inspiration!


Then I debated size. I was thinking what a great challenge it would be to shrink those blocks from 4-1/2" to 3"! I've seen a few photos of a smaller sized Dear Jane and have loved them! But once I finally made a decision on fabrics I decided to do it in full size and I am going to quilt it as I go. 

I think the challenge will just be to get it done! 

So 2019 will be my Year of Jane! And I made a bit of a head start.. here are the first 9.



 I have 4 more prepped that just need appliques added but I'll show them later.

Then I have been debating joining the annual American Patchwork and Quilting UFO challenge...I have a few. I thought maybe it will inspire me to work on some of those things I have tucked away. 

This week I will start making my list of UFO's. 

The rest of my week is the quiet before storm so to speak! Our first Christmas dinner is on Saturday but I am all done so I can spend the rest of the week playing!

Merry Christmas Stitchers! 




No comments:

Post a Comment