Pages

Sunday, September 24, 2017

A gift quilted and finished!

I love finishing a quilt. 
I have been busy quilting a Christmas quilt that will be a gift. 
I lived with the quilt on my sewing room floor for more than a week before I finally decided how to quilt it. I wanted to do something curvy but in the end the quilt wanted a simple straight line grid.  

I love how it turned out.The quilt knew what it wanted.
 I was the one who resisted! 


The recipient will love it. It is about 72"square.
I had three leftover blocks and some of the green as well so I will make a small table runner.


And my poor machine quilting gloves sprung a hole. 
I have had these gloves a LONG time - more that 10 years so I got good use out of them. 


Here is my progress on my summer stars mini challenge. I have a small paper pieced border to add that I hope will tone down the sashing a bit! This is certainly out of my usual color zone!


Happy Stitching! 

My next post will be Number 250! So to celebrate I'll be having a fun giveaway and I'll be talking about my 2018 'quilty' challenge that I am giving myself! 




No comments:

Post a Comment