Pages

Thursday, August 3, 2017

Summer Cleaning

Summer has been hot and dry here and there has not been much sewing going on. Our air conditioning is not working and until the part we need arrives that means most days there is NO way I have been wanting to turn on an iron.

I've basted 3 more quilts so that is 4 quilts that need machine quilting. Another case of there being NO way I'm going to sit with a warm quilt on top of me. And a reminder to self...do not get such a backlog of quilts to finish ever again. It seems a bit overwhelming!


I finished another round on my hexagons. The next section I'll be starting is a row of neutral, then color (blue for this round) and then neutral again. The rounds just keep getting bigger but this is still pretty small. It is just 16" across! 


I arranged my courthouse steps blocks on my design wall. Here are all the rows organized to sew together! It took a bit of rearranging but I finally got it to a point where it had the look I was wanting. I can't wait for a cooler day so I can turn on my iron!


I made this tote bag and gave it away to a friend! I know she will enjoy it. 
It turned out wonderful! 


And I had picked up this cute little butterfly pattern thinking it would be sweet wall hanging on my condo door. Again it was the case of I can't on my iron because it is so hot but I got into my sewing room really early in the morning one day last week and got them fused. 


I buttonhole stitched all around and all that is left is the cute little antenna's! 
This is a great project for a charm pack! 
There are enough butterflies for two little quilts! I wonder who will get the second one?


I hope I actually get it done while summer is still here. Fall is showing up everywhere in the stores reminding me that it is not far away!

And I've also been slowly stitching away on my applique quilt. I am almost finished the second border. As I've been stitching I've been planning a bit of embroidery to add to it, and maybe a bit of beading as well. I'll get a photo next time to show!

Happy Stitching!  


No comments:

Post a Comment