Pages

Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Paper piecing leap of faith!

150 courthouse steps blocks are done! Whew! Here is the last of them.



I'm trying this new product from Quilters Select. It says you don't have to remove the sheets and they will soften when washed. Did I try a test sample? No! I'm having a leap of faith. These blocks are so small that it will only be a wall hanging a bit less than 30" x 45" so I am not concerned with the 'cuddle' factor! 



After completing these last blocks I decided I had better baste down the edges before trimming. I used a water soluble thread because once I start piecing the blocks together I may want to remove some of the outer edge of the backing paper that is in the seam allowance. Water soluble thread will be so easy to remove!

Here is a block all basted and trimmed! 

And here are many blocks trimmed.


Next step is to get my portable design wall out and start arranging.

I am loving this! 

Happy Stitching!

2 comments:

  1. Wow - they look spectacular. Hope the product performs as promised!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This will be an amazing little quilt. I am curious to know how this product works out in the end.

    ReplyDelete