Pages

Thursday, April 28, 2016

My UFO's are growing and I've been pouting a bit...

I'm not sure that a growing UFO list is a good thing. Many have surfaced the last couple of weeks. These little pinwheel blocks will finish at 4". This is going to be so cute!!!
 I'll put single pinwheels in the sashing corner blocks. I still have a few pinwheels to make and then I can find a sashing fabric and a border fabric.
 
 
I've been trying to sort my sewing room, not that it is particularly messy but because the way I quilt is going to have to change. It's a BIG deal to me (this is where the pouting come in to play). I know lots of people out there deal with arthritis every day and now I am one of them. Mine has struck my hands and thumbs. My hands hurt almost all the time now and it hurts to hold a needle (big huge pout here!). That is devastating for someone whose true passion is in handwork.
 
So the way I think about quilting is going to have to change.
 
I have to look at this as an opportunity to grow and learn new techniques so I can still create. 
 
And that is why I've been sorting...I have lots of handwork projects in my pile. Every single one of them I need to look at and decide - can I do this by machine? Do I want to do it by machine? I have a couple of handwork projects mostly done and I am going to struggle through at least one of them - the quilt I have been hand quilting. It is almost done though.
 
But here is my applique quilt... the sashing is on. I LOVE the colors. When this quilt is finished it will be hung in my sewing room for me to enjoy.
 
 
The borders are going to be a dark aqua. I am planning on adding appliques to it but I think it will end up being machine appliqued and machine quilted. I am going to have to get a lot better at both!
 
 
Here is another UFO finished -
 
 
 
At Christmas I made a Sew Together bag for a friend and I loved it so much I made 4 more. One has already found a new home, one is for me, one will soon find it's way to someone else. That leaves one left. I'm not sure yet where that one will go but I'll figure it out soon!
 
 
Got to get back to my sorting! I have to get ready for my new adventure in quilting!
 
Happy Stitching!
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. The applique quilt is wonderful! Such pretty fabrics.
    The pieced blocks you are working on look like Jan Patek fabrics. Some of which I have in my stash or have used in quilt projects.

    ReplyDelete