Pages

Thursday, April 7, 2016

Busier than I thought!

It has been a busy month...some of it wonderful (a visit with relatives and a quilt retreat) and some not ....a lingering nasty cold....so I didn't really think I had gotten  much done and then I started looking!
 
At the quilting retreat I made a couple of these bags but I only kept this one. The other one was gifted away! I worked on a few other ongoing things as well but no other finishes.
 
 
When I got home from my holiday and started putting things away I noticed that my UFO list has been growing and growing and growing. Not a good thing in my world.
 
So I pulled out a few things to finish -
 
I've continued to cut my 1" wide strips for my 'Nine' quilt - I really want my fabrics evenly random so I have figured out what I hope will be a good organization method!
 
 
 
Before Christmas I had made a 'Sew Together' bag for a friend and I liked it so much I started 4 more. All I had done was the front panels. It looks like most of the pieces are cut out so I am going to get those finished first. I love this pretty fabric!
 
 
 
And for a little handwork...I was almost finished my last block in the applique quilt I am working on. I finished it just this morning.
 
 
Here are all nine blocks. I love them. They are so whimsical. I am going to big stitch this quilt but with multiple colors of perle cotton and my plan is to keep it playful. And in the back of my head I am contemplating adding beads as well but that will be decided as I am quilting it.
 
 
I had bought all the fabric several years ago for the background, the sashing, the borders and the binding. I found a little diagram that told me nothing of my plans - no sashing width, no border width no anything, and yet I have the fabric???? Now I have to do a little working backwards to figure it out.
 
 
It is not a great picture of the colors but they are lovely together and I still like them as much as when I bought them.
 
To the drawing board!
 
Happy Stitching!
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment