Pages

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Inspired by Ricky Tims!

I just got back from Calgary where I spent a day enjoying Ricky Tims!
 
I feel completely inspired. We got to touch, look, take pictures and of course learn. He is such an inspiring speaker and teacher. Yes I had my camera, but I was so enjoying the seminar, I didn't even think to take it out of the bag until I was coming home.
 
And what would a such a day be without picking up a few hand dyes?
 
 
They are WAY more beautiful than this picture shows. The two top fabrics are very "Ricky-like" fabrics...full of color variation and the two at the bottom read mostly solid.
 
And what might I use them for? Not a clue...yet but I think a little hand applique might be in their future!
 
And of course I picked up his machine quilting DVD.
 
And here is a look in the goodie bag!
 
 
Now I want to stay home and QUILT!!!!
 
Actually, I have always wanted to make a Rhapsody quilt and I am even more inspired to do so now. In fact, the book just landed at the top of my book pile.
 
So the theme for the day was "inspired"!
 
Happy Stitching!
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment