Pages

Thursday, August 1, 2013

In my queue!

It is wonderful to have my sewing room back!
 I already have lots on the go...all UFO's!
 
 
I started sewing my 1/2 square triangle blocks.
These were I started so long ago that I had forgotten what they were for.
I have about half of them left to sew.
 
 
I played a bit with them on the small design board behind my sewing machine and eventually decided on this layout. I'm matching the dark halves with another dark in the same color.
 So far I am liking it a lot!
 
 
And I have begun the next phase of mastering needle turn applique. I am trying it the Piece o' Cake way now! I am using 9 of the blocks from the Fresh Picked Posies pattern. I have all my pieces cut out and ready for sticking to laminate sheets. I was reading that they had also used clear contact paper so I may get that instead. I can't wait to get started!
 
 
I also have started pressing my scraps. I have 4 bins full plus a bag or two. I decided to cut them into 2-1/2" strips (if they are wide enough) and then with anything under 2-1/2" I am cutting into 1-1/2" strips.
The 1-1/2"strips will be a scrappy log cabin. I am undecided about what to do with the 2-1/2" strips. 
 
 
This is one of those moments I wish I had a BIG design wall to show off a quilt! I finished hand quilting the center medallion of this beautiful quilt for a friend. She had it machine quilted except for the center Dresden plate block. She did a wonderful job and it was a pleasure to quilt! For any local people, it will be hanging in the Lafleche Library. 
 
 
And I am getting excited....I am heading to Calgary, AB on Saturday so I can go to a Ricky Tim's seminar!!!!!! I can't wait...I have been a fan for a long time!
 
Whew! That was lots!
Happy Stitching!
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment