Pages

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Quilting is Dangerous!

 
Last week I stuck a needle in my finger- right along the nail...OUCH! Well, after a few days it was really hurting and turning red all around.  Then it filled with pus. Yuck! (You probably didn't want to hear that part) It is not a good thing to try and hand quilt with an infected finger.

So while I wait for it to heal I have been keeping busy with other things.
 

I wound all my skeins of sock yarn into balls. I am ready to knit socks! Lots of socks!

I also took a bit of time in my sewing room with my flock of geese! All the 8 geese units are done. All that is left are 13 two-geese units...just 26 geese in all. By the time they are finished I will have made a total of 902 geese! Now that is a lot of geese.
 
 
I am close to having a working finger again so it won't be long before I'm hand quilting again!
 
And last but certainly not least, I want to show off what my wonderful brother made for me....
 
A coffee scoop and...
 
 
...a new pen!
 
 
Thanks!
 
Happy Stitching!

2 comments:

  1. Your quilt is gorgeous! Hopefully you will be quilting soon! The gifts made by your brother are beautiful. Heirlooms! Wow, talent runs in your family. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you ought to roll over a finger with the rotary cutter,thats always fun too.Hope your finger is better soon.

    ReplyDelete