Pages

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Waiting for my machine to come home...


So what is a quilter to do?

I've been sorting and cutting. I had a lot of small beige background pieces so I starting cutting them up into 12-1/2" square, 6-1/2" square and 6-1/2" x 12-1/2" blocks. I am going to piece them into a backing for a quilt I am sending out to be long armed.



Then I got busy working on my applique quilt again...all the flowers and leaves and swags are all prepped and ready to sew.



Here is my first border in progress.


Finally, I have been enjoying some 'real' hand quilting. My last 3 big quilts were all 'big' stitched. I wasn't sure my fingers were going to work on small stitches again but they seemed to remember...


And all the rest of my time has been all about stopping and smelling the flowers!


These roses are so fragrant and the rose bush was just so full of flowers this year.

Happy Stitching!







No comments:

Post a Comment