Pages

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Triangle Exchange

I finally have started the tree of life quilt using the friendship triangle exchange triangles! Here is one block done. Twelve to go! I always try to make one complete block before starting...just to make sure.


After this was done I got started making the trunk sections.


Just one thing about this method of making 1/2 square triangles...it is not my favourite way to make them. (It is a good way for an exchange with friends though) They are ok but they are all not exact. Just small variations in cutting and sewing makes them all slightly different sizes. It is still easy to make them all fit together but I prefer sewing together slightly larger triangles, pressing the seam open and trimming to size. Then they are exact.


And I finally got the socks off my knitting needles. They fit wonderfully and the wool is so soft.


The pattern is from the book Sock Innovation and the pattern is Wanida. The wool is Lorna's Laces.

And finally I am slowly making progress on my big stitched churn dash quilt. I am almost done the centre. I will soon be doing the outside edges. So close! I am so excited but I know from experience the edge always takes longer than you think it will. I'll have some pictures the next time I post.

Happy Stitching!


1 comment:

  1. Those socks are amazing Ann! Love your blog… If you go to my blog you will see that I gave you a “Stylish Blog Award”. Here's the link http://sun7designs.blogspot.com/2011/04/stylish-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete