Pages

Monday, January 24, 2011

What a Productive Week!

I have no idea where it came from, but it happened! I got things done and what a great feeling it is!

I had been knitting at the beginning of last week. I finished the Diagonal Lace Socks I started at Christmas and the Hemlock Ring Throw I started just two weeks ago!


A close up...can you see the different shading? Sometimes hand dyed wool drives me crazy! But it was so soft and my feet will love them!


I went from my smallest needles (2mm) up to 6.5mm for the throw.


No wonder it took just over a week to knit! It took less knitting time than the socks did!

And yes it is my prerogative to change my mind about the miniature double wedding ring fabrics. Now those beautiful greys and taupes are going to find their way into a mini pineapple (3" blocks) and because I have gone pineapple crazy I am going to make a scrap one with 2" blocks.


And I FINISHED piecing my "History of Ann" 9 patch scrap quilt! Here is a sneak peek of it on the ironing board. Once it is quilted is is going straight onto my bed! I can hardly wait.


And still there is more to tell...
I spent yesterday on my hands and knees basting this quilt. I am 'big stitching' it so I hope it won't take me forever to get it done.



And finally in my mail box this week, a new book and I am in trouble because I need to make every quilt in the book. The question is, which do I do first?


So now I am off to clean up my sewing room before starting something new.

Happy Stitching!




1 comment:

  1. hi ann....i love the 9 patch quilt and the monkey wrench...and the socks and everything else.....by the way did your dad make that knitting needle or was that store bought....beautiful........

    ReplyDelete