Saturday, January 29, 2011

I interrupt my quilting...

....for this ironing board emergency. Yes it is long overdue and I have long known I need to make a new one, but until this week it has never bit back. Well now it has and it stained my fabric. Good thing I noticed it right away.

So now I have to make a new cover.
First I cut 2 layers of needlepunched batting large enough to fold over and cover the sides of the ironing board. Next I cut muslin and then the cover fabric about 2 inches larger all around.

Using up scraps of folded bias binding, I sew it along the right side of the layered muslin and cover fabric, leaving a space so that I can thread through my cording.

Tighten and tie the cording and ta-da! a new ironing board cover! I like it a lot more than that ugly green thing!

 I tested it this afternoon on some 3" pineapple blocks.

4 down- 21 to go. Better get back to my sewing machine!

Happy Stitching!


  1. WOW! I'm so impressed! Not just by the ironing board cover but the 3" pineapple blocks!!!! Amazing!

  2. I love your pineapple blocks!

  3. Those pineapple blocks are gorgeous Ann. Nice ironing board cover too.... I think I might be in need of a new one too!