Pages

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Charming Giddy Up!

I have finally finished my Charming Friends Quilt Along and it's name is Giddy Up! If I still lived in Calgary, AB I would think I had Stampede fever (It is Calgary Stampede time right now so maybe I do! Yee Haw!)

Because it looked so western, I looked for some western themed quilt stencils but nothing appealed to me. Finally I decided on a meadering line with the occasional 5 pointed star ( sherriff badge looking I hope!)


I keep wondering if I should tea dye it. Somedays I think yes- let's tone down that white print and sometimes I think no- I like the white! I guess until I can be sure it will remain as it is!

I was browsing at more of these Charming quilts and do I ever love them. Everyone`s quilt is so different! I can`t wait to see more!

And now I wanted to show and tell a little bit. These are fountain pens my brother has made me over the years. Most are regular fountain pens with an ink cartridge but 3 of them are dip pens. Good thing I have lots of ink!



They write most beautifully! Thanks brother!

Happy Stitching!

14 comments:

  1. Love your quilt! and the pens, wow your brother does a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blues and browns remain such a pretty combination that instantly give that cozy old fashioned feeling. Love your Charming Friends quilt. I am spending my morning being inspired by the other quilts and hoping I can finish mine in time.

    Hugs from Holland ~
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilt is lovely!
    I admire the work of your brother. Being able to make nice things with your hands is such a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful choice of colours, I love ! Hugs from France.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ann,
    I love your quilt. The stars and lines are very western!
    Hugs,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those browns and blues together. I am at the moment looking for that exact colour combination for a quilt with limegreen sashing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh your quilt is so pretty! Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your quilt and the pens are incredible!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  9. You quilt is so cute and I love the little stars.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your quilt - the colors are so warm! Your quilting really enhances this quilt - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love the colors you used! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your quilt! The colors are so yummy and cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE the colors in your quilt, and I really like the change in the background...very nice!!! Hope to get my binding on tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great job on your Charming QAL! Love your choice of colors! It has been fun seeing how each one turned out so different!

    ReplyDelete