Pages

Thursday, February 16, 2017

Something new and something finished!

The something finished... it's turned out wonderful! It's put me into a 'springy' mood, even though spring is still a long way from now!
 I even made the tassel!

 
And the new...it's a small courthouse steps quilt. The blocks are just 2-3/4" square. It's going to be a controlled scrappy quilt. I'm using mostly assorted aqua, brown, black, green and small amounts of other colors as well. My plan is to have chunks of the same color combinations. For now I'm just making blocks. I have no idea how large or small it will be. Right now I've completed 26 blocks.

 
I'm cutting strips from my assortment. Some are just small pieces and scraps so I am using them up and some are from larger pieces of fabric so I'm just cutting from then until I feel like it's enough. My inspiration came from an episode of The Quilt Show. Back in series 2, Alex and Ricky did a road trip and Alex showed an old antique courthouse steps quilt that captured my heart! It had 'chunks' of the same colors throughout the quilt. I loved the effect. Here is my next batch of strips to work from.
 
 
Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment