Pages

Friday, May 27, 2011

Testing a Block!

I finally started a test block using the John Flynn Miniature Double Wedding Ring template set. 6" double wedding ring blocks are small! Once I decided to actually follow the instructions (!) it went together very nicely. It was a good thing I still had the smallest rotary cutter size to get around the templates!


I did notice that the templates fit nicely on a charm pack so I picked one out to make a very scrappy mini. Now I have to get sorting the charms into lights, mediums and darks. After that I will start cutting!


After testing that, I thought I would work on some more Farmers Wife blocks. Six more done!



I am still trying to figure out what size of quilt I want to make with these. I am now thinking I may make a lap size quilt. That would mean I have about half the blocks made that I will need to finish the quilt!

 I also finished the shawl I have been knitting in the evenings. It was actually quite an easy patterrn and I was very able to do it in front of the tv without getting too lost. It is the Meandering Vines Shawl found on Ravelry. I did mine with Alpaca Cloud. It is so soft!



Here is a close up!


My sewing room is a MESS so the next thing I am doing is a good cleanup!

Happy Stitching!





No comments:

Post a Comment