Pages

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Scraps!

I've been busy cleaning up my sewing room and doing a little reorganizing. I was finding that things I used often weren't within easy reach anymore...that could have been in part because I had a mountain of things to put away. And while I was putting things away I found a mountain of UFO's! But one in particular caught my eye...

I want to introduce you to my scraps...anything less than about 2-1/2 inches wide (unless I know a use for it) goes into my scrap container or should I say CONTAINERS!


And from these scraps I cut 2" squares for 9-patch blocks.
Here they are, in all their chain pieced glory.


This is what I found. Here are the sections all pressed and waiting to be sewn together. But now that it's found again what in the world am I going to do with it. I think my 9-patch mojo (do people still use that word?) is gone. This pile is literally a history of my quilting past dating back almost 20 years.


Maybe I've been too co-ordinated in my fabric choices lately. I used to love scrappy...the more the better but now it is more of I love planned scrappy so back to the UFO pile you go 9-patches.
But that gets me thinking about those 3 containers full of scraps.

Do I even want them? What will I do with them if I keep them?
These are the questions that are swirling in my brain right now.

Happy Stitching!

1 comment: