Pages

Saturday, February 1, 2020

Two Glorious Days

This week I had a wonderful treat- 2 days at home to do what ever I wanted! 

I sewed and napped and sewed and napped.... I have been working on my tumblers- getting them all sewn together.


  I am so glad I decided to lay them out so no seams had to match. Here and there there was a tumbler cut on the bias and I had to be very careful with the stretch. It was so much fun though because every tumbler came from someone else's stash . I don't even remember seeing a fabric that I actually have in my stash so it is fun - all the colors, textures and a few surprises (like fish) but they all just blend together!


Once the strips were all together it measures about 66" long but only 43" wide. I want this to be a good napping quilt so it really needs more width. I am trying to use what I have so I found a green polka dot in my stash that I thought would work. I stared at that for a few days. I think it will work. I got it ironed today so I will get the borders on this week. 

While I was ironing I got two backs and two battings ready to baste 2 small quilts. Here is one of them! 


Have you ever ironed batting? I did today. I am using up some scraps for the small quilts and they were really wrinkled. I spritzed some water and ironed them on low using a pressing cloth. The wool batting had a 'wet wooly' smell but once it was dry it was fine. The other batting was cotton and it pressed out really well. 

Hopefully tomorrow I will baste and maybe get a couple borders on too!  


Happy Stitching! 

1 comment:

  1. I've done a few tumblers quilts, but I have never laid them out that way. Looks good--I will have to try it sometime.
    Your hexie quilt is gorgeous!
    Actually, I have ironed batting, because I use up my wrinkled scraps for my small quilts and minis, too. Only time it was a problem was when I didn't think about the fact that I was ironing a cotton/poly blend and I pressed on the cotton setting. I got sticky stuff on my iron from the poly portion of the batting. :(

    ReplyDelete