Pages

Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Mission Accomplished!

I had 2 goals this weekend- get the borders on my tumbler and baste two little quilts. I am very happy to say I got it done! That does not happen often as usually my quilty goals take longer than I think they will.

Here is the tumbler with borders. It will finish about 58" by 66". I may just have enough of the border fabric left to do binding but if not I'll make it a scrappy binding. 



Here are the hexagons- it is 26" from flat side to flat side.

I did a double row of hexagons on the border- some of that last row will get cut off when I add binding.

I think I have it figured out how to quilt it. It is just deciding on color(s) now.


When I basted the little nine patch I used the wool batting I had pressed to get out the wrinkles. It had fluffed right up! 


You can't really see it that well but as I basted the stitches really compressed the batting back down so I am hoping when I hand quilt it, it will not look too 'fluffy'!


Here it is...it is 14"x 18".


I'll enjoy quilting this one! 

Happy Stitching!



1 comment:

  1. Congrats on accomplishing your goals! That feels so good, doesn't it?
    Tumbler quilts are always fun to me. I admire your hexie project--I don't have that much patience. Your little mini quilt calls to me. Very sweet.

    ReplyDelete