Pages

Saturday, April 11, 2020

Still cleaning up!

I've been spending so much time in my sewing room just like many others who are at home. I feel very creatively inspired right now. As I have been cleaning up, I keep finding little projects buried under things. But first...a couple things I finished...

The stitched ornaments are for my Christmas tree. 


These two stitchery hangings were a lesson in making due with what I have on hand.  
One will probably be for me and one a gift. 


 I laid out the blocks for this quilt just as it was shown in the magazine. I was going to start playing with the layout until I realized that with 6 different blocks I could change the layout a hundred times and I would probably like them all. I like this layout- many of the blocks are put together in a chunk.  


I haven't started sewing the rows together yet. I'll do that one day when I feel like doing something mindless. It won't be quilted for a while so I am in no hurry. 

Here is a little applique that I had buried on my cutting table. At least I know it is not that old- just a year! I finished the applique and sewed on the border. Luckily I was able to find some of the dark pink fabric still in my stash because I was missing 2 half square triangle squares. I still have more to clean off my table so I won't be surprised to find them later. 


I have this quilt and 2 other little quilts ready to baste. I can't show the other 2 because one is for a small quilt exchange I am doing and the other is the same quilt I am making for myself! 
I plan to hand quilt all three quilts. 

And after 20 years my cutting mat is dead. I have turned that mat in every direction I could to get as much life out of it as I can. I have smaller ones I can use for now until I am able to get a new one. I bet there are a lot more choices now than 20 years ago!


Happy Stitching! 









1 comment:

  1. Wow, your cutting mat has lasted a LONG time! My green ones did not like the heat of our upstairs and warped years ago. Am currently on my second opaque one and it needs to be replaced. Or I have to make 3 slices across before WOF is free of the yardage!

    ReplyDelete