Pages

Wednesday, December 12, 2018

On the Home Stretch!

I've got just one more gift to make and one that is mostly finished to get done! It's been a busy month but I have still found the time to play a bit just for me in my sewing room! 

I spend a few nights with my dad every second week or so and I always have a project to work on. After the last hexagon project, I got working on finishing some bindings while visiting him and then I got working on my Christmas socks!

Here is a little baby quilt I finished! It is made with flannel on the top and bottom so it is soft and cuddly! The soon to be parents love it!


The Christmas socks are finished! While knitting the first sock I decided not to worry about the striping pattern matching and look what happened!!! They matched without trying!!! 

That never happens if you want it to match...


So now I need a new hand project to work on while staying with my dad. In my quest to use things I have I decided to use some of my wool. I only have a very small container with wool and very limited colors but I wanted to use it up so I decided to work on some Little Wooly basket blocks from a Linen Closet  BOM I had downloaded a few years ago. The little basket blocks are just 6" square. I prepped the first 6 blocks and I'll use my time with my dad to stitch them down. 
The photo doesn't do it justice! 


While I was looking for other things, I found these leftover fabrics from another project and was just in the mood to do something different and fast so I made a few pincushions! 


I also finished off some needle punch projects. I was originally thinking I would frame them (there are actually 2 angels and 3 snowmen) but that was a lot of frames so I decided to just back them and add hangers. They will eventually be sent to some people I know will love them.


I also made my own cording with some perle cotton I had to finish off the edges.


I have a Cricut Maker so I have been cutting a few iron on things to make for gifts. These I can show because I am fairly confident the receivers will never look at my blog!

This book bag is for a reader and library user! I know she will love it! 



And I made a couple of football t-shirts for the football fans on my list! 


So now to finish those last gifts...

Happy Stitching and Merry Christmas! 




No comments:

Post a Comment