Pages

Sunday, November 11, 2018

Christmas Procrastinating

Yes I am procrastinating making Christmas gifts. I'm not sure why this year I am having difficulties getting at it because usually I dive right in! I normally LOVE making Christmas gifts. I don't even have much I'm planning to make!

But my procrastinating has led me back to an old UFO that I am now obsessing about. It is a large scrappy Pineapple quilt. I'm making 49 -14" blocks. 


Now that I am back at it I am sewing every spare chance I get like a crazy obsessed person. I have the next two days off so I know where I will be - in my sewing room!!!! In fact I should have taken a new picture - there are a few more rows added on since this one was taken! 


And finally I have back my sewing machine. When I first got it back the tension wasn't right so back it went to the shop the next day. I tried four different threads, 4 different bobbins and a couple different needles. Nothing helped. They couldn't find any issues????? So home it came and in the first couple inches my thread breaks. So I got out my flashlight and followed the thread path. And there wrapped around the thread take up was a small clump of white thread. What in the world???I was using grey thread so it wasn't mine and I have certainly never seen that happen. I was able to get it unwound with tweezers. My tension has been OK since then but that was a frustrating experience! I miss my old mechanical machine that I could service myself! 

Happy Stitching! 

1 comment:

  1. I haven't made one Christmas gift. Just haven't been in the mood for it though I am beginning to think about Christmas stockings. I have used stockings in the past rather than gift wrap for something gifted to quilting friends.

    ReplyDelete