Pages

Thursday, September 13, 2018

Fall Fever and a Bit of Catching Up!

Fall fever has hit me hard!
I've been doing my fall cleaning and hadn't thought I had been spending much time in my sewing room but then I started to take some pictures! 

In keeping with my UFO's I have worked on a couple projects. I decided my hexagons would have one last border and then it will fit perfectly on my coffee table! 
I have 3 side sections done and ready to sew on.


I had been cutting blue and neutral strips for some time from scraps and my stash. I finally assembled and re-cut and now I am ready to start putting together a star! Each point has 10 strips so it will take me a while to get this made. It is precision piecing! 


Then fall has struck early here both in my sewing room and outside. I don't think I have ever seen the trees turning this early. It has inspired me in the sewing room though. 

I pieced this little top for my condo door!


It is a small quilt  that I will machine quilt so I thought I would try pin basting!

It went really fast!


Then I pieced this one just for fun! I am planning on big stitching it for lots of texture.


The colors are not quite right in the photo but here are the threads I am using. I am using the darker thread around the appliques for contrast to separate those sunflowers from the background.


With these two quilts I have been playing with different machine applique techniques - both turned edge. I bought these Easy Threading needles to help bring my threads to the back to tie off and I LOVE them!!! Why have I never bought these before?


And finally I picked up this wool to make myself a fun pair of Christmas socks! 
My feet are going to look fabulous on Christmas morning!


I am going to try to blog a bit more often so I keep caught up! 

Happy Stitching

2 comments:

  1. I made one of the sunflower little quilts that you show above. Love it.
    I also like the applique block in your header picture.

    ReplyDelete