Pages

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Leap of Faith

Anytime I mark a quilt I feel a little nervous. It doesn't matter that I've used the same marking tools in the past with no trouble at all getting the lines out. All I can think is what if it doesn't come out? And this quilt has not one, but TWO different marking tools.
 
I used a water soluble pen to mark the feathers. All the feather sections are finally quilted!
 
This picture is the feathers I used along the sides and corners.
 
 
This feathered wreath is in the centre of the quilt.
 
 
So next was to mark the grid lines in the background. I decided on 1-1/2" apart. For these lines I used a Roxanne's silver pencil to mark them.
 
 
My quilting plan now is to quilt around all the applique pieces and do the grid lines in the background of the blocks. When that is all done I'll do the borders.
 
And when I haven't been quilting, I've been knitting myself a new scarf...
 
 
...from Noro Silk Garden. This is the second scarf I've made with this pattern and wool. I have a feeling it will quickly become my second favourite scarf!
 
And now I have to get started on a Christmas gift or two...
 
Happy Stitching!
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Ann, I'm happy to see you back. I knew you must have been busy on your quilt! I am so anxious to see the finish project. It's one that I have long admired and hope to make one day! It's looking wonderful! (Pauline)

    ReplyDelete